Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Farewell to a loyal and faithful friend...

Sometime Saturday evening, my faithful Border Collie Tuxie (whose parents were our good dogs Tucker & Tessie) curled up in one of our window wells and, from all outward appearances, had a heart attack and without any struggle crossed the Great Divide to join up with all my great dog companions from years past (Buck, Valentine, Tuck, Tessie, Denise, etc.). I found her quite soon after it happened, and Dick was kind enough to bury her in our shelter belt next to Denise and Dot. God's greatest gift to mankind, dogs simply don't live long enough. She was just fixing to turn 13, I think. She came as a puppy with us to Haley Bench. I miss her dreadfully.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

So sorry to hear! Atleast it seems to have been a peaceful passing!

Unknown said...

Farewell litte doggen..

Jessica said...

Sorry about your doggy!