Sunday, June 29, 2008
Cousins compare tummies!
Salicia got many lovely gifts!
Carter helped distribute the packages to Salicia, which worked up her appetite!
The two blue-eyed towheads camped on the living room floor last night -- don't think much sleep was had, however.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Left to right, bottom row: Blake, Vash, Brianne, & Gramma
Monday, June 16, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
When the kids weren't slogging around in the rain with mud to their knees, they were playing in the water trough, which was fed by a wonderfully cold & clear spring. The upshot of it was that they were sopping wet 75% of the time -- the other 25% being when they were sound asleep and lucky enough NOT to be wet then too!
Here's the chuckwagon with the fly stretched over it parked next to the mess tent. The mess tent is where we all spent a great deal of time during this chilly, damp 3-day period! It was wall to wall portable camp chairs, everyone soaking up the heat put out by the old wood-burning range. Plenty of whisky was consumed and stories told when there was nothing else to do! There was about 2 dozen of us staying at camp. And numerous neighbors rode over each day to help.