Friday, May 23, 2008

World traveler...

Knowing how I love to travel, you will all appreciate how much I must miss my friend Leesa in order to get me off Camp Runamuck and into a plane where I have to sit MUCH TOO CLOSE to my fellow passengers. I also had to pay $25 for the privilege of checking two bags -- you're now allowed only one free one. And that appears to be in danger as well, judging from some newspaper headlines I saw about American Airlines planning to charge $15 for the 1st checked bag. Got to Durango safe and sound and even on time. I purposely brought my lovely nieces' blogspot addresses so I could keep up with them while out of reach and was delighted to see that my own true kid has started one as well, which inspired me instantly to create my own as well, a plan I've been toying with for several weeks anyway. I love and miss you all. I prefer to stay at home, but am having fun with Leesa. Yesterday we had side-by-side pedicures at an exclusive Day Spa, which was (a) expensive (Leesa's treat) and (b) fairly entertaining to all parties... I now have lovely pink toenails, which I celebrated by purchasing two new pairs of sandals. And I'm buying tan-in-a-bottle today and am going to try on some capris as well -- I shall return from Durango a new woman! xxxooo

4 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Hooray I get to be the first one to leave a comment on your blog!! They are horribly addicting. I get up in the morning and the first thing I do is get my oatmeal and come check everyone's blog. It is taking longer to do that then it used to since there are so many more to check now. Fun! Sounds like you are having a high time with Leese. Pedicures are great, can't wait to see your capris with tanned legs and pink toenails!

Jessica said...

Yeah, I love pink toenails! Mine are in need of a touch up...what a great excuse to get new sandals too!

Linda Anne aka Old Queen, Wicked Stepmother, & Fav'rite Aunty said...

well truth to tell, with an a-s-s the size of Texas, I've got my doubts about the fashion sense in capris... but if i can find a pair that fits (ie., two ax handles broad and not binding, but not gapping at the waist), you all shall have a picture! after all, a picture is worth 1,000 words... right? actually, some things are better left to the imaginiation, and it's possible that me in capris might be one of em!

Unknown said...

I love pedicures, manicures, new sandals, and capris!
I have to tell you that I am NOT loving being on vaca from school as I now spend approximately 2.5 hours cooking every horrible night.
This WILL be remedied soon - I start in the OR on the 9th!