Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chance & Sterling get their first airplane ride...

On a lovely Saturday morning (10/4), our friend from Camp 8 days (Steve Vold) dropped out of the sky, taxied up the hayfield, and took the boys for a little ride. It made me miss Kendall Shaules (the grandfather of the Kendall Shaules that lives down the creek now) very much as he used to land up on the air strip above Mom's house and take us all for rides. I VIVIDLY remember the time he gave me and Gwyn a ride, and I threw up in his stetson, which was unfortunately for him the only thing I could find!

2 comments:

Jami said...

I also can VIVIDLY remember my first airplane ride with Tricky. All I could think about was all the Uncle Jim cartoons about his wrecks and was terrified! : )

Unknown said...

I loved airplane rides - with grampa Bill and Tricky! I loved anything dangerous at that point. Guess I am smarter or less brave now?!