Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Vermandel adventures...

Monday, Dick's great-niece Brandy and I helped Clint and Mom ride through the Lower Vermandel looking for critters missed, runback, etc. Brandy and I decided then that it would be fun to look around the rocks, so I gathered up both of Dick's great-nieces plus Chance, Sterling, Carter, and my Border Collie Panda and 20 pounds of snacks and drinks and off we went on Tuesday morning. Although the boys are wearing "climbing shoes" (NOT cowboy boots), you will note that they wore their cowboy hats and carried their ropes. Carter looked for "dasshoppers" ....
I made them pose a bunch as the backgrounds were all so scenic...


Gramma-Aunty steals 30 winks while the big kids do more exploring after lunch...

4 comments:

Jami said...

Carter sure had a good time. She came home hot, tired and GRUMPY! But she straightened out pretty fast for her and we had a nice afternoon. Thanks Aunty for taking her. She is so lucky to get all these opportunities to be a kid and play around. I always loved exploring!

Corinne said...

Love the pics you got! Can't wait for Everett to be old enough to get in on the adventures!!

Linda Anne aka Old Queen, Wicked Stepmother, & Fav'rite Aunty said...

and I can't wait to take him... and Cade and Avery... and Keenan... how I love my family's children, and by and large, how I dislike other people's children! ha!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I am excited for my babies to get big so we can go on adventures like this. The Vermandel place is one of my favorites.