Monday, August 25, 2008

Hammond Family Reunion #4...

My dad's dad Ted Hammond was born in Belmond, Iowa. He mother died when he was about 6 or 7, and not too long after that, his father gathered up the young children as well as some of the older sons and went to eastern Montana--the Circle area. There Ted met a young school teacher Myrl Phillips who had come out from Minnesota to teach school. They married and had quite a number of children, including my father. This reunion was organized by some of Dad's cousins so that we could all see where we came from. There were two local cemeteries with numerous relatives including Ted Hammond's mother Marinda Curran Hammond, who died at the age of 46, I think it was. This photo is of two cousins of some sort, almost the same age but most certainly not the same size or color! This headstone belongs to Marinda Curran Hammond's grandmother, I believe.
I stood on the Hammond farmstead when I took this picture. The original buildings were gone, but I found it intersting to stand where they stood and look where they looked.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cripes, I suppose the cousin is younger?! Wow - tall girl.